Learn how to write professional Instruction Manuals, Operating Procedures, User Guides etc.
Fact 1: Save Time! Invest in this self-learning course, and then save time whenever you have to plan and write technical documentation.
Fact 2: Save Money! Better Technical Manuals mean fewer Support Calls.
Fact 3: Increase Sales! Good Manuals are a valuable Sales Aid. (Trust me, I was in Sales and Marketing for over 20 years, and my documentation helped many customers to win orders.)
Price: This one-day course used to sell for £395 (for individuals), or up to £2,000 for corporate training for groups. I have trained several hundred people across 11 countries since 2004, but I have now retired. However, I still want to pass on the best of my skills. So I’m offering you the full 1-day course material as a self-study, Technical Writing Course Workbook, with a Resources CD, for £95 (including UK postage).
I’ll do a discounts for 5+ copies – just contact me to ask.
Value: It’s 150 pages of A4, and condenses 17 years of my professional experience. You can improve your documentation at work, and change the way you write for the rest of your career…
I have researched the subject very thoroughly, and know what I’m talking about. Since 1996, I have written Manuals / Help Guides for some of the finest companies in the world, across the UK, Europe, and as far away as Australia and the USA. Have a look at my international customers list…
Who is this Course for?
This Technical Authoring Course is for ANYONE who writes Technical Instructions of any kind: Engineers, Programmers, Trainers, IT Departments, Managers, Technical Authors, Business Analysts, Administrators, Safety Teams, Product Managers, Support Teams, Project Teams, etc.
Key Benefits of this Professional Writing Course
1. Understanding: Your readers will understand your instructions more easily.
2. Learning curve: Speed up the user’s “learning curve”, so that they become productive more quickly.
3. Reduce your incoming Support Calls: Some companies have saved £ thousands a month by writing better manuals and procedures.
4. Learn from an experienced author. I have written manuals for some of the finest organisations in the world, and I want to teach you the best of my skills. I have condensed over 20 years of career experience and research into this one-day course. Now it’s available to you in the form of a self-study, 150-page A4, Technical Writing Course Manual.
5. Plain English: This is a major feature of what you need to learn, so that your target users can read it once, understand the material, and carry out the tasks without mistakes or support calls. And the Course Manual itself is, of course, written in Plain English.
What you will learn:
- Writing techniques that help your readers to understand ‘technical talk’ quicker and more easily.
- Best practices for writing in clear, user-friendly English.
- Some essential, basic Grammar.
- How to target the reader/user groups; how to write at their level without being patronising.
- Powerful techniques to plan the content in minutes rather than hours (or days!)
- Advice on correct layout.
- How to work faster for the same effort.
- How to create an “Index at the back”, quickly and easily. And lots more.
Improve your Authoring Style for the Rest of your Life!
“This course is really going to save me precious time. I would recommend it to anyone who has to write and maintain any type of document.” – Kyla Young, Operations Manager, Dataflow Communications.
“The course was useful and informative. Good pace and delivered at a level understandable to the delegates. The most interesting part was the Plain English module, because it’s been a long time since I was at school and I slipped into bad habits.” – Glen Norman, PTW & Training Coordinator, LES Engineering, Humberside.
“Very interesting. The content was excellent and meaningful to my job. I learnt a great deal – many things I didn’t know before. I would recommend this course to others.” – Mandy Raison, Learning & Development Manager, Airborne Systems, Bridgend.
“The section on planning was the most interesting as this is something that is immediately relevant. Overall, a very good course. It presented a number of techniques that I can use immediately with no extra tools.” – A. Hall, Head of Development Methods Group, Bank of England, London.
“I did actually use the techniques soon after, to produce a report that led to a request for expenditure approaching 8 figures, which has been well received, so thank you.” – Richard Carver, Offshore Operations Engineer, Perenco, Norfolk.
“I learned a good understanding of the role of a technical author, and what I need to plan and consider. The training day was well-presented and kept my interest throughout. Questions were well answered and discussed. The course manual provides good post-course resource and will be a good point of reference when I require tips and advice. It was an excellent course.” – Brian Livingstone, BAE Instrument Landing Systems, Telford.
“The course was well planned with effective communication and presentation. I learned how to minimise my writing style and offer more informative, easy to understand guides. Overall, a very good investment of my time.” – Graham Carter, Telecommunications Dept., University of Bedfordshire.
“The training course was very interesting and showed me some basic errors that I currently do without thinking. I learned a lot of details about making documents simpler and more user-friendly. Excellent information.” – Andrew Thalayasignham, Production Engineer, Airborne Systems, Bridgend.
“Very interesting and enjoyable training course. It made me think twice about how my writing comes over to others, and I’m sure it will help me to get my message across in a simpler and clearer way in future. Definitely worthwhile.” – Alexander Findlow, Snr Telecoms Engineer, Perenco, Great Yarmouth, UK.
Technical Writing Course for any Business or Industry. Learn from an expert and international trainer.
Philip Tory, BSc(Hons), Dip.M.
Technical Writer and International Trainer.
29 King Edwards Avenue, Gloucester GL1 5DD UK
t. 01452 500639